Is it just me or is time really flying by. It’s almost been a week since my bridal shower and in a few weeks, Tony and I will be husband and wife! AHH!! I can’t wait! As promised, I’m excited to finally share the details of my bridal shower with you! From what I wore and the gifts we received, to the games we played and my mom’s insanely hilarious reaction to the questionnaire.
WHAT I WORE
If you follow along on Instagram stories, then you probably saw that I stopped by Model Citizen in Huntington Beach, this past Friday. They have so many great pieces and not just dresses, but tops, jeans, accessories and so much more! I think I tried on every white dress and romper they had in store and deciding on just one, was hard! So I walked out with two! Lol
You guys have to check them out!
THE FAVORS: Loose leaf tea bottled up in small glass tubes.
I put so much love and thought into these favors, I was thrilled to see everyone loving on them! As for flavors, I offered my favorite four:
- Peppermint Tea (Dean and Deluca). So many great flavors but peppermint… instant-winner!
- Jasmine Plum Green Tea (Spice Topia). My favorite flavor of all! I had to share it’s goodness! I found this gem of a store when Tony and I took a day trip to Ventura a few years back and I’ve been a fan ever since. They have such a wide variety of spices and teas. Oh and did I mention they offer cooking classes throughout the month? Check them out next time you’re in Ventura!
- Berry Triffle Tea (Tazo). Tony is actually the one who introduced me to this flavor when he surprised me with a basket of Tazo teas. I think I was sick or something, but anyway, this was my favorite! It’s amazing!
- Chamomile Lemongrass Tea (Sun Leaf). This flavor is right up there with the Jasmine Plum Green tea from Spice Topia. It’s so good! I try to drink one once a day, especially when I’m not feeling well. I purchased this one at Burlington but found it on Amazon!
THE GAMES WE PLAYED
Pin the bow tie on Tony. Can we take a moment and appreciate how great this portrait is? Lol. Tony’s cousin’s drew it specifically for this game. Rules: It’s like pin the tail on the donkey, except with a bow tie and on Tony. Closest bow tie wins!
Toilet paper wedding dress. A bridal shower favorite! Rules: Small groups are formed, each having a model and having to create a wedding dress for her. Bride chooses the winner!
Cucumber game. The funniest and the most fun! Rules: It’s like hot potato but with a cucumber. But wait… there’s a catch! The cucumber goes between the legs! Whoever has the cucumber when the music stops, is out! Last person wins! Watching my mother in law play was one of the highlights! Lol
Questionnaires. There are a ton of questionnaires on Pinterest like: he said/she said, what’s in your purse?, guess who, groom or bride? and more. These are the two my bridesmaids: 20 Questions about the Bride and Groom and Guess Who? Bride or Groom (similar). There were a ton of great questions with funny responses. I thought I’d share a few of my favorites with you:
- Who wears the pants in the relationship? Answer was unanimous. Me haha
- Who said “I love you” first? Answers were split, but it was me. It happen at the same time though.
- Who spends the most money? Answers were split, but it was him. Then everyone figured it was on his car lol #true
- Who kissed who first? Answers were split, but it was me lol. My mom was like whaaaaat?? It caught her so off guard! I’m not kidding when I say, I think it took her a good while to process it and let it go haha. It was great.
- What did the bride and groom do on their first date? I don’t think anyone got this one but we actually went to Marie Callender’s! He had been promising me their triple chocolate muffin for a while now and so we finally went… only to find out that they were sold out for the night! It’s okay though, we stayed and ordered another one of their muffins and two glasses of milk. It was already the best date ever, you guys! And so when Marie Callender’s was getting ready to close, we made our way to the Orange Circle and into a bar. I really, really liked him and normally I’d never be this forward but something told me he was it, so I went for it and kissed him. It was great!
- What would the bride say is the groom’s best feature? Everyone said height (great answer), I said eyelashes.
- What would the groom say is the bride’s best feature? Everyone said eyes, he said butt lol.
- How did the groom propose? Everyone said on a hike, in a flower field, which was correct! However, he said… “in a really cool way” lol. Check out our engagement story and the story behind the ring!
GIFTS WE RECEIVED